Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nice shot from the World Cup...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jul 10, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

You know that had to hurt. I saw that yesterday during the game. Lucky it didn't kill him...

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Looks like he hit him just above the breastbone. Any higher and he could've crushed all the small bones in his throat.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bunch of over paid prima donnas (sp?)
    How can they call themselves athletes, let alone sportsman.

5. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

materazzi is one of the dirtiest players in the world. Whereas Zidane is one of the most respected. What I saw was a punk acting like a punk and a man got tired of it and dished out some retribution. Watch this link and tell me that materazzi has any respect for his sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HblsV-urHg

all that being said I wouldnt have done it in the world cup final. but what a way to go. That was Zidanes last game.
    gabe

6. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

after watching that last clip i so wish i was still playing soccer and against that guy.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Zindane got red carded for that also that is why he was not in for penalty kicks at the end. I dont watch a lot of Futbol but I do watch The World Cup:D

Ira

8. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did you hear what he said supposedly...?

Materazzi called Zidane a 'son of terrorist whore': British lip reader

First Published: Jul 11, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Marco Materazzi gestures after French midfielder Zinedine Zidane (not pictured) is sent off after receiving a red card for head-butting the Italian defender during the final of World Cup 2006 between Italy and France at Berlin's Olympic Stadium, July 9. Materazzi called Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.
    Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.
    The Times newspaper hired Jessica Rees, whose skill has seen her summoned as an expert witness at criminal trials, to study a tape of Sunday's match that saw Zidane get a red card for his seemingly spontaneous assault.
    "After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane 'the son of a terrorist whore' before adding 'so just f*** off' for good measure," it said.
    Materazzi on Monday denied calling Zidane a terrorist, adding that "I don't even know what the word means".
    The Daily Mail -- who wrongly described Marseilles native Zidane as "Algeria-born" -- said Tuesday that it too engaged the services of a lip reader, whom it did not identify, who reached exactly the same conclusion as Rees.
    The Independent cited lip readers for Brazil's Globo television as concluding that Materazzi had told Zidane that his sister was a "prostitute".

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol. Both guys seem like idiots. The French guy totally dropped the ball. The World Cup is huge... its only ever 4 years... and he apparently allowed himself to get baited into being ejected during the most important part of the game. I don't care what the other guy calls your momma... you're an idiot if you throw away your best chance at winning in the heat of the moment. Would have been 10000000 times more effective to smile at the guy and walk away.... win the game... and then SLAM his punk azz in the media after you have the cup in-hand. :thumb:

j