Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nice site

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmule, Apr 2, 2002.

1. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

Hey nice site you guys got here. I hope I can ask a question about another brand without causinging a ruckus. I was reading your upgrade on the front axel upgrade to the 8 lug bolt pattern does anyone know if the spindles and rotors are the same ones that the Dodge uses? I know the knuckle is a little different and the caliper mounting is different but technicaly it's a dana 44
    Thanks for any help.
    Greg

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Post the question on the main board. You want to phrase it differently. Like this, will a the spindles off a 19xx dodge D44 fit a 19xx chevy D44 or vicea versa. Welcome to the board. Btw fill out your profile more you are more likely to get a response. About your question I would think that it would cannot be certain.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Welcome aboard.
    Well I know that you can swap back and forth on the solid axle full size Ford. Been a few threads on making a Chevy D44 into a ford bolt pattern to match a ford nine rear when building up Jeeps with leaf springs. Where I think some issue will come in is if the disc brake back space is different as to where the caliper mounts. If the brake backing plate is retained with the six spindle bolts like the GM version it should work. Just need to keep the backing plate when doing spindle hub swaps from the brand bolt pattern you want to match.
    I would asume the knuckle is also swap friendly also. I know it will work on the J series Jeep products so it seems that the knuckle spacing and mounts are identical through the D44 and GM corp 10bolt. Us GM folks often put D44 flat top knuckles on 10 bolt fronts so we can do a cross over steering set up. Then use a Jeep or Ford arm.
    Another place you might also check is the forums at www.pirate4x4.com Lots of folks there into hard core rigs and lots more mix and match, custom width axle builds by the sites members.
    Fair warning...they haze newbies /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Greg, long time no hear, what are you doing to the Ramcharger? Swapping in the 3/4 ton afterall? Leme guess, you tore up the rearend with those new 35's /forums/images/icons/wink.gif