Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nice Straight Very Rust Free 1977 K5 4x4 For Sale in Virginia!!!

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 350350, Oct 24, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I have an opportunity to upgrade to a '91 K5 in nearly showroom condition, and since with the kids being very young now it will be a couple of years beforer I do serious trail riding again, the K5 has become mostly a 4x4 car for winter driving form me, it would be nice to have the creature comforts of a newer EFI vehicle and such.

However, I can't upgrade without selling my older model first. There are a couple of pictures below from my Member's Gallery, but there are a LOT more pictures in my Gallery for you to look at if you are interested. Please note that the truck has been on a few trails since those photos were taken so it has one dent in the tailgate and one scratch down the driver's side that I don't know yet whether it is going to buff out. Before the sale I will have it professionally detailed so it will look very much like it does in these photos.

The truck has a very strong 350 motor with an RV cam, Weiand dual plane intake and Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb. The motor pulls hard even with 2.73 gears and 33" tires. No smoke or major leaks... I've had the truck for almost 2 years now and haven't had any mechanical problems with it. The motor is supposed to be out of a '90 pickup, but I haven't confirmed that from the block numbers. Will try to do that soon.

The trans is a TH350 also in excellent condition, looks fairly new with clean fluid and a good cooler on it from before I bought it. Shifts hard in all gears at WOT, so I am certain it has also been replaced probably with the motor, whenever that was. I bought the truck from a dealer who took it in on trade and he knew very little about it.

The truck has the NP203 t-case, 8.5" 10-bolt front and 12-bolt rear, front lockouts, and 15x8" rallye wheels. It is lifted about 3" in the front with shackles and 4" in the rear with lift blocks. I used it to tow a trailer so with some tongue weight on it, it sat about perfect. It has a class III receiver hitch with both flat-4 wiring and the round 6 point trailer hookup (brake controller on the dash) for trailers with electric brakes.

The interior is about as good as it can be for a 27 year old truck, not trashed by any means but needs a good cleaning, and has vilyl floors with cloth shorty buckets in the front and a small rear bench.

Overall a very strong truck that fairs well on the street and the trails. Mechanically very sound, especially the drivetrain. I would expect the motor/trans to get you another 100K easily.

Known problems...

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif Rear window is difficult to roll up once it's down. Takes both hands, once you get the hang of it you can do it but it's off the track or something. Probably a simple fix but I haven't taken the time to mess with it.

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif 33" Mud Tires are nearly bald. I have a set of B.F. Goodrich All-Terrains that go with it in 33x12.50-15, same size as what are on it now, with more than half tread on them, that I haven't put on it yet because...

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I bent the tie rod on an outing a while back and don't want to wear out tires with the front end out of alignment, so once you put a new tie rod on it or straighten the old one, the tires can go on and all will be well...

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif The age old GM tilt steering column is jiggly wiggly in the u-joint. I have a good solid 'new' used column that goes with the truck that I have just never taken the time to install.

Aside from those items, the gages work, the truck starts and runs fine in all weather, and has never left me stranded. Runs strong and sounds great with true duals through Flowmasters.

I'm off to look at the 'Potentially New' K5 right now so if I have forgotten anythign please let me know and I'll tell you anything I can. I'll put up new pictures after I get it detailed so you can see that dent in the tailgate and see how that scratch buffs out. Ah!, also it reads 110,000 miles... It sure doesn't seem like it could be 210,000, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

$2500 or reasonable offer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

As someone who has ridden in and seen this truck up close I can say it's an awesome vehicle! Someone has taken great care of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As someone who has ridden in and seen this truck up close I can say it's an awesome vehicle! Someone has taken great care of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reference man!

I drove the possible replacement today... A '91 White with Silver Stripe (2-tone) and rallye wheels. No lift with 33's. Not a spec of rust anywhere, underneath or on the body anywhere, hard as I tried to find any. Doesn't look like it has ever had any body work done, but the paint is coming off the roof, somewhat common down here.

It's got the TBI 350 with a new 700R4 (has receipts) and 3.42 gears. The interior is as clean as the body, and it has every option except leather, plus a 6-disc CD changer. Much more stereo than I need, but nice to have. Comes with an extra set of wheels/tires that have 33" Super Swampers on them!

It has 148,000 miles on it, but if you couldn't see the '1' in front, it would easily pass for 48,000 miles. Under the hood, underneath, inside and out. Super clean, runs and drives solid and looks great. Basically what it offers over mine is Fuel Injection, A/C, cushy interior, and without the lift the Wife would drive it so it would be a more useable spare for when something else is down, plus a more child-friendly trail rider for when we start going on family trail rides again and we can use the A/C so the kids don't have to get worn out from the heat. Personally I'd rather have the top off, but the Wife and kids will probably want the A/C...

So the clincher is he wants $6500 for it, and I got him down to $5500, but that's still too steep for me considering it's got 148K on it. Depends on what I get out of mine I guess.

I'll probably put mine on ebay and see what I get. I'll post a link here when I get an auction going. I'll get it detailed first and get new pictures taken.

More as Breaking News Develops...

Paul

4. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

where are you in Va?