Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nicotine Monster

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Suffergauge, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

I haven't had a smoke in 8 months, tonight after everyone left there was one layin around and I am hammered. So I smoked some of it, then put it out cursing myself for being such a pu$$y. I had smoked for 10 yrs. prior and finally decided to quit because it was soooooo bad for me and quite an expensive habit. Am I some weak pos or will it be ok? Last time I quit all it took was a drag and I was hooked again. I don't really want another one but it was good (all you smokers will know what I mean). I thought I was stronger than this but a 5th of Captian Morgan was very pursuavive (sp?)

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean I smoked for 12 years and I quit 8 weeks ago 1/2 of my freinds still smoke and I want one but $30 a week, I can start buying new toys for that much money

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I had to quit 3 times in the course of 4 1/2 years before I knew I was done for good, they are fawkin nasty dude....
    Just think , no matter what , you WILL eventually quit for good... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

It's all in your mind, defeat the mental craving and you'll be fine. The thing that's going to get you back into it will be thinking of how good it was, and when you get a craving, thinking and dwelling on it too long...

I quit in 01/01 after 10 years. I had cravings for awhile after quitting, and they stopped when I stopped thinking about them and thinking I really wanted a cigarette. Really, it's a desire for the action. Think about it, if you had a little pipe built into your wall that released cigarette smoke you could walk over and inhale when you wanted a cigarette, would it be as good as actually having a cigarette?

I smoked another one on 9/11/01, but was too grossed out by what it was to finish it.

Good luck, bro, I know it's rough!!

5. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have no intention to start smoking again, that would mean quitting again, and that sucked. I don't know why I did it, but I did, and that's why I got mad at myself. Probably didn't help that I was drunk... too drunk. Oh well thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

All it takes is just ONE - and BAM - addicted allover again.

I know all too well how that works.

Just ONE - and all the hard work and insanity of quitting starts all over again.

Just ONE of those wicked - mean lil' mothers - will put you 6 feet under, pushing up daizies.

Just fawkin ONE.

Damn

7. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

So uh Eric, what are you trying to say.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif