Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

night life in baton rouge... nice video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mcinfantry, Mar 17, 2005.

1. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

http://wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=30621

click on strret beat tuesday, and street beat wednesday. i cannot view them at work, but they show a local bar where we are called alot. i just wanted to show some people who arent familiar with this behavior, what we deal with.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Complete insanity, I don't know how you guys put up with it day after day.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What the frig planet are these people from??

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'd love to answer that truthfully but political correctness prevents me from doing so.

I watched both the Tues and Weds night videos and the murder at the gas station. I'm digusted by them, but I guess thankful I live where I do.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I dont know how you deal with drunks and dopers every day :confused: Im suprised some of the locals havent burned a few of those bars down

6. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

If you thin Baton Rouge is bad, come over to New Orleans. I had a guy shoot up heroine right outside the store I worked at and then proceded to shoot up again in the bathroom. Plus my friend was an EMT here and had some horror stories about the projects.

7. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I lived in Baton Rouge for 18 years and I dont regret leaving one bit. I will NEVER live in the state of Louisiana again. While living there it didnt seem as bad as it was. That is until I moved and "saw the light"...

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like anywhere, it has its bad spots. The spots shown on the video are some of the worst. I do feel for the Police and would not be caught (dead, maybe) out there.

9. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

And like most places some of the worst but right up to our good neighborhoods... I deal with these people almost daily...

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You must live on the "other" side of LSU. It is crazy how quickly a neighborhood can be taken over by a bad element.

11. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Ive been to Baton Rouge, didnt stay long but thank god. Crime is exactly why I decided not to stick around VA. Hampton is a total dump, Langley is advertised as a junction for gangsters. Hek with that. I'm movin my arse back up north!!

12. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yeah I live in the garden district just north of I-10 (I can see the golfcourse from my driveway), but the slums are close.

I used to live off capital heights right where jeff hwy, and govm't intersect....fairly quiet neighborhood but we had some roamers

13. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I always dread having to go to Baton Rouge or New Orleans. I live 75 miles north of N.O. and people are moving out of there. Their all moving north up here to Washington parsh at an alarming rate. I use to never think out locking doors or removing keys from my trucks. Now I have an alarm on my house and a key chain full of keys, because everthing has to have locks now.

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Geez, I just can't believe that people actually live in areas where that stuff takes place. Sometimes I think that Canmore is a little boring- if boring means NEVER seeing crap like that go down then I'm happy where I'm at.