Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nightmare dealings with Tuff Country

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sickquad, Jul 9, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Order my suspension through ORD they had it drop shipped from Tuff Country. Got three springs and two shocks four days later than they told me it would be there. They said the package was damaged by UPS, it definitely wasn't.

Now I get the fourth spring and two front shocks in today and they are the wrong shocks.

Dealt with two jokers there. Shawn and Scott, they were both rude and sucked.

There customer service sucks.

-Chris

2. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I got a 4" lift kit from Superlft through NTW once and one of the front springs was an inch shorter than the other. I didn't catch it until I noticed one tire always hit the back of ther front fender while the other never came close. A quick measurement revealed what was wrong... Luckily, I was living in Louisiana at the time and was only and hour away from Superlift in Monroe, LA. I took 'em both springs and they gladly swapped them out; upgrading them at my request to 6" springs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'm currnetly running BDS from a local distributor but I would recomend both BDS and Superlift for their customer service no mater what distributor you buy their springs from.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hate it when the customer service sucks !!!! Quality products though.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

If you ordered it through us, you need to call us and we'll sort it out.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Back when I orderd My lift from Tuff Country the service was top notch. I called to order My lift and ended up talking with Scott. He asked why I picked Tuff Country and after telling Him why He threw in a T-shirt for both Me and my Wife plus a windshield sticker and two smaller stickers. Not to mention everything came on time.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one more reason why ORD kicks heiny. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Some businesses will have a company ship directly to you and if something is wrong they don't want any part of it, but not ORD! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

7. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

The folks at ORD have always done a great job of customer service when I have ordered from them. I did receive the wrong u-bolts, but they quickly fixed the problem. I would encourage you to give them a call and to give them a chance to fix it.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one more reason why ORD kicks heiny. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Some businesses will have a company ship directly to you and if something is wrong they don't want any part of it, but not ORD! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. If you drop ship an item, they're not going to deal with the customer directly. The only person they're going to want to deal with is their customer--which in this case would be ORD.

Glad to see that Stephen is getting it taken care of though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I know things get screwed up once in a while. I was really only looking for someone to say sorry and that they would take care of the situation. But instead, they were just plain jerks. The box they originally sent me was not damaged. And now they are claiming that UPS did something wrong and will probably receive compensation from UPS. That's not right. The people thought I was lying and told me that an uncomplete order would never leave tuff country. Well it did, and I still have the box.

I work for a engineering consulting firm. When someone calls me to say that a part I made or designed has a problem I do everything I can to help them. They did nothing for me. Just pissed me off. It is there job to send me a correct package and it is my job to pay the credit card bill. They screwed up and at least they could say sorry, we'll take care of this.

Dealings with ORD was great by the way.

Done ranting

-Chris