Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nissan armada

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by HelpMyZ, Feb 18, 2007.

1. HelpMyZ

HelpMyZ 1/2 ton status

hey guys I've got a 2004 nissan armada 2wd that I'm planning on using to tow the jeep around. it's got the tow package and I'm planning on getting a brake controller installed BEFORE I tow with it. but before I spend the money on it, just wanted to know what you all thought about me using this thing to tow my toy... it's towing capacity by the owners manual is 9100lbs

thoughts?

2. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine had a Titan and his wife has an Armada. He tows heavy utility trailers since he builds log homes. He said that he would rather pull a heavy trailer with his wife's Armada. He even sold his 5th wheel travel trailer to buy a bumper pull so he could pull it with the Armada. Thats about all the "help" I can give you.:waytogo:

3. HelpMyZ

HelpMyZ 1/2 ton status

well, based on that, looks like I may be putting some goodies on the armada :D thanks man!

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Sell it and buy a Chevy :D:D:D

OK, on the serious note, make sure you also get a weight dist. hitch setup with a swaybar and you'll be fine. Jeeps don't weigh too much that you'll be near that tow rating and a 7K trailer will work out nicely.

5. HelpMyZ

HelpMyZ 1/2 ton status

I'd like to.. been savin up for the d-max! :D but I'd like this to work until then ya know?

whats the hitch you're talking about.. I've never heard of anything like that?

6. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Here is a link to a setup. http://www.eaz-lift.com/equalframes.html
    I run this brand, but there are alot of other brands. I don't think any are better then another. I just went with what was cheapest for my application.

These take the weight of the trailer and spead it across your entire tow vehicle, and not just place it on the rear axle. It makes for a much better balanced setup and much smoother and safer towing.

7. HelpMyZ

HelpMyZ 1/2 ton status

alright thanks man!