Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nitro RC Trucks???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RingMaster4x4, Aug 3, 2004.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am thinking about getting one and I can't decide? What are the "Good Ones"? I have looked at the HPI Stamped and the T-maxx. What are the things I need to look for? Thanks for any help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

If you've never had a nitro RC car of any kind before, I would recommend the T-Maxx. Its an excellent truck and can take all kinds of abuse. I've seen these trucks, both the 2wd and 4wd versions, do things they had no business doing and drive away like nothing happened.

Kris

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

get the t-maxx

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You can buy any upgrade imaginable for a T-Maxx . I even know of an exoskeleton you can stand on and not hurt it . I am getting an electric one ( SOMEDAY ) myself as they come either gas or electric ( electric rockcrawls better ) . You could get soem Imex tires with an exact duplicate of Swamper Bogger or MT Baja Claw tread too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I am thinking about getting one and I can't decide? What are the "Good Ones"? I have looked at the HPI Stamped and the T-maxx. What are the things I need to look for? Thanks for any help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]PM O2BJimmy, he's into those things.

6. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

It really depends on what you are going to do with it. If you just want to play around in the backyard would get a t-maxx. If your wanting more speed and agility get a R10GT/Losi-xxxt. I have GT and love it. Of course GT/losi you can build it where a T-Maxx is ass. for you. Do some research. They are racing Monster Trucks but you will never get the agility out of one that you will a stadium truck. It's all preference. I have a 1/8 scale buggy I need to get a engine for /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif then the real fun begins, muhahaha

7. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I got a Tmaxx and its tons of fun. You have to be patient tho....

Marty----

8. RingMaster4x4

[ QUOTE ]
    I got a Tmaxx and its tons of fun. You have to be patient tho....

Marty----

[/ QUOTE ]

????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. RingMaster4x4

yeah I am just looking for something to play with. I am not looking to race just for fun.

10. RingMaster4x4

Should I buy new or get a used one off ebay that has been broke in with extra parts?

11. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

If the money doesnt really bother you I would get a new one just because you dont know how bad someone has beat the crap out of it, I have a t-maxx and I got the .21 engine swap and it is so fast, it does wheelies just sitting in the street it is crazy, I like to build my own stuff and I like putting things together so I dont think it would be much fun to have everything already done and just play with it not knowing how everything is put together, I got all the aluminum pieces you can get for it and that was very expensive so it may be wise to just buy it off e-bay if money is tight, also most hobby shops sell used rc toys and I have seen lots of hopped up t-maxx's at mine so you may look there also, hope I helped. let me know if you have any other questions.
    -Chris
    -Chris

12. RingMaster4x4

what would you say one like this is worth??

web page

If I buy a used one what are the things to look for? Motors, susp,ECT.??

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I personaly own an HPI Savage and it is one helluva machine. It has lots of upgrades available. A lot of t-max parts will fit it as well. The Savage is available out of the box with a much larger, reliable engine and will run circles around a stock t-max. www.savage-central.com is a good source of info for the savage.

14. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I would say that that one is worth around 400-500 since it has the .21 conversion, it doesnt look beat up so it might be a good deal, plus it comes with all those spare parts which will come in handy.