Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nitrous (my baaaad side.)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Nov 8, 2005.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/109826406.html

I am a huge fan of naturally aspirated. But realisticly, on the trails, I can see using this. Doesn't say if it's wet or dry, and I think once I upgrade the axels/drive shafts on whatever blazer I get a 50 shot should be ok. what do yall think?

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Nitrous on the trails???? what kind of "trails" are you running???

3. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

:D Kind where one gets up nerve to run off the top of a burm.

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

According to their site, the carb style is a wet kit:

Performer Nitrous Systems include:

* 10-lb. capacity nitrous bottle (shipped empty)
    * nitrous and fuel solenoids
    * spray bar plate
    * aircraft quality steel braided hose
    * nitrous and gasoline filters
    * stainless steel jet selection
    * aircraft quality
    * fittings
    * switches
    * brackets
    * hardware
    * owner's manual

I think you'll be fine with a 50 wet shot. I ran a 135 dry shot on my 02 Trans Am WS6 and ran a 12.44 @ 112 at 5800 feet. But after that run, thats all she wrote and destroyed my LS1. If I was running wet, I would of been fine.

5. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Need to check to see how much retail is. I hate to hear an LS1 die, one of my most favorite engines, under LT4.

is a 350 a 4bbl carb? still a little new...

6. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

What is an ingition retard? I'd rather have no part of my vehicle to be retarded. and premium gas? Ouch. I'll leave bottle off until I absolutely need it. I see the 400 hp kits and my heart races, as well as the realisation that that would blow pretty much any 350 i rebuilt, forged or not.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

fixed it for ya. N2O on trails is retarded. in the desert, or in the mud, yeah. but on a trail, you're asking for trouble.

8. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Not really for trails, I live in texas, north texas. Home of some of the largest mud bowls known to man. to me a trail is something 14 ft wide and level that leads to a low pond.

And if you look at my track record yes I do have a tendency to go senceless. :D

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

then you have no business with a nitrous bottle anywhere near your truck.

10. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i have a 150 powershot plate system

on my 80 model blazer.....i have the secondary fuel system and all and i think ive used it twice, once on blacktop in 2wd to see how it did and another time it got me out of a bottemless pit where i was moving back and forth about 3 foot....backed up and hammered it and sprayed it and people said they never seen such rooster tails fly'n...haven't sprayed it again, but not scared too just haven't been that stuck...when i wheel if there is away around i usually take it...half in half out ..whatever...they can talk all they want about me but we wind up at the same spot and no1 will play tug of war with me!....now if i'm drinking and on some of my friends property i usually look for mud but that stuff isn't eat out because they run like 33-36" tires. sincible trucks they drive daily...mine is parked sometimes a month at a time.

11. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Talked him down to 250 for sure, may beable to go lower since i "need to kit for tbi as well so takes money away" at least its to where i could make a profit on ebay if i didnt use it.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

oh great, another drunken wheeler... :rolleyes:

13. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Is a 50-100 worth it? He will take 200, might be able to go lower. On ebay they have the one above it (100-250) for 370 shipped, auction not over yet though. Do you think that this still being brand new could pay for itself on ebay if i needed the money to buy the blazer? I mean I know theres no way in hell that 350 will handle near that much, even 100. will 50 be a noticable difference?!? All the way down in whiterock, wanted me to pick it up tonight, have church though... :(

14. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

only when we are on private property and camping

but i take enuff narcotics to put a horse down on a daily basis and when i'm wheelin i usually double up on my oxycodone and methadone...otherwise a couple of good jolts and i'm ready to quit. so i just get where i can't feel a thing and wheel the wee out of everthing, ever1 says i;m nuts and i moan and groan about the pain 4 a week....sometimes i have to double up the day after plus take my trazadone and sleep for 24 hrs and wake up and can barely move yelling begging my wife to bring me my meds then i lay there until they take effect and i light duty it for a day or 2 i am actually putting myself in danger wheeling as i have several screwed up vertabrae and they tell me they are to wide spread apart to fuse them...i begged them to do it but they said i didn't realize how much movement i would lose and refused, said all they can do is keep me where the pain is managable, so i don't want to inflict physical harm on my self or want to just die, but everytime i go wheeling i'm taking a chance of paralizing myself from the chest down! but i still do it i refuse to live like a partial vegatable and i've had a few close calls,i've been removed from my truck more than once onto a back board to an ambulance to the er!! i guess if and when it happens i'll be rigging up hand controls on my ride. because i will wheel until i die!

15. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

umm... yes?

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

living with someone who has been through 3 major back surgeries in the last 25 years, and having friends and family with back problems... you sir, are retarded. NOTHING is worth doing that much damage to yourself. i have seen the effects of all of the drugs you mentioned, couple those with alcohol, and its a wonder you havent killed yourself, or someone else.

17. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Yes, but my question? :whistle:

Sorry bout all ya'lls bad backs by the way. :(

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

learn to wheel what you have safely first, then worry about adding power later. 50hp is easy to pick up all the time, without the possibilities of major catastrophy, and you may very well pick up a little fuel economy in the process.

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if this is really the case, you shouldnt be able to stand, or even think about walking.

20. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Common guys....lets at least answer his question. Simply saying that he will kill himself and someone else in the process does nothing for him but get him to hate this site. No matter what is true and what is not.
    And to answer the question- I personally dont think you should go with the nitrous. Our engines werent at all made for that. Spend a little more, get some nice heads, a cam, some f.i., some headers, intake, etc. You will definitely see more than just 50 hp out of those...and your motor wont die in 2 seconds either. IMHO, nitrous was meant for racers and not wheelers.
    -Harrison