Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nitrous Tips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

I am putting my truck on the bottle who runs it what tips do you have any thing to add in here

it is primarilly for mud so i got the Edelbrock 100-150hp Shot
    Just a Sb Chevy 350

2. ProJunkRacing

any tips as to fuel pressure required?

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

you should have run like 5 - 7 psi and you will need a fuel regulator.
    run it with a full throttle switch. that way when you floor it it will automatically kick on just make sure your engage switch is on so it will work.

make sure you put the right jets in your n20 and adjust your timing according to the directions i think for like 100 hp its the 4 degrees retarded but i dont remember all that well so double check.

Invest in a bottle warmer as the bottle has to be at a certain pressure for it to work correctly
    and one more thing i can think of use a higher octane gas 100+ would be a good idea.

when you do a rebuild down the road get forged pistons the cast ones are prone to cracking but for what your running i dont think that will be a problem and it should last a very long time if set up correctly.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got a sportsman fogger direct port setup i'm going to be running on my '67 camaro 469ci big block. I'll be running a seperate 1 gallon fuel cell with race fuel for nitrous enrichment.

Start out rich to be on the safe side then lean it out to make more power and check your plugs often..
    Then you can either lower your fuel psi for the nitrous system, or rejet the setup to go leaner for more power.
    Pull out a few degrees of timing to be safe also.
    I'm going to run dual solenoids on the nitrous inlets just in case a solenoid ever sticks... They stick OPEN! :eek1: Its fine with me if the fuel solenoid stays open after i let off, but i don't want the nitrous still going!
    Wire it up with a window switch, for example 3K rpms on 5K rpms off. 6K rev limiter.
    Wire it with a fuel pressure safety cutout switch also, so if your fuel supply ever starves for fuel or drops pressure it will cut the nitrous preventing it from leaning out.
    Wire the grounds for the relays through a WOT switch so you must be floored to activate the juice.

I've heard guys say "oh i'll just keep a close eye on the fuel psi gauge, if it drops i'll let off." :rotfl:
    Good luck with that.
    Hope you can let off in that fraction of a second that you're melting your piston. :rolleyes: And if you are watching your gauges you aren't looking where your driving.. with all that extra power.

5. ProJunkRacing

k thanks guys keep info coming