Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nitrous

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Well on my list of things to do today is I am about to hit the garage and start Plumping up my Nitrous .

Who all has nitrous , AUTO , Or STICK>?
    What do you use it for?

I was planning For Mud , and Hills

But I got the Edelbrock Kit , and Tips to good performance?

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've had nitrous on my maxima for the past 2+ years- I know that it's not a blazer or a v-8 but here are a few tips.
    1) Always ensure that the motor can rev out when you hit the nitrous. If you are buried in mud and you hit the button and you still dont generate enough wheelspin to allow rpm's to increase, you can seriously damage your motor.
    2) I prefer wet systems as they are easier to tune and are much less likely to run an engine lean when spraying.
    3) The edelbrock kit should have a WOT switch. Use it! Some people run without these- I wouldn't.
    4) Regularly check your system at all fittings and connections. I almost caught my trunk on fire once because a bottle heater had a poor ground and the wires melted.
    5) Use common sense- if you lack this, bad things can happen.
    6) Have fun!

P.S. FInd a good filling station- some places charge way too much. I have had my tank filled at certain shops that have either poor quality nitrous or they don't maintain their equipment.

3. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

If you run a rev limiter be sure to incorporate a window switch. (MSD 8950) You want the window switch to shut the nitrous off 2-300RPM before your rev limiter kicks in. If you don't you will soon regret it. Make sure your fuel pump will provide enough fuel and or run an auxilary electric pump. If you're going more than a 100 shot, its suggested that you run one range colder spark plugs.(copper not platinum)

Make sure to use the WOT switch as koldsimer stated.(NO nitrous until switch sees wide open on carb linkage)

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

X2 All good stuff I failed to mention.

5. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

cool thanks it is wet and has a WOT