Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nitto Grabblers Vs Super Swampers Radial Ss

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by socalsnake, Oct 2, 2005.

1. socalsnake

socalsnake 1/2 ton status

Which One Is Best Nitto Grabblers Vs Super Swampers Radial Ss For Street And Off Road Use

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You need to be WAY more specific.

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

What type of rig? What purpose (street, trail, mud rocks, etc...)? What price range? What would you be willing to sacrifice (noise, wear, wet/snowy driving, price)?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I personally think the NittoMud Grapplers are a very interesting tire. They havn't been out for that long so there aren't that many reports about them but the design looks good. I have seen a few sets in person and they seem to be pretty sticky and should grab well in the rocks.

Swampers are tried and true. We know they work well in most environments. They do need to be grooved if you want to rockcrawl them IMHO though.

Personally when I look for a set of tires for my next project truck they are going to be something a little different then what most people run. Nitto Mud Grapplers, Maxxis Creepy Crawlers, or Maxxis Trepadors. I like to be different and those tires arent the norm on the trails.

Harley

5. socalsnake

socalsnake 1/2 ton status

well i ahve a 77 gmc jimmy like a k5 it hasa 6inch lift with atlas suspension with rancho shock i have f/r lockers with a 383 stroker under the hood i have 40 i gumbo monsters on the rig an i need new tires i was lookin at both the nitto grabbler which it was $278 each for 38' an the super swamper radial ss for 38/39 ' for 315 each im pretty much basic with my rig i drive on highway/freeway/road also in dirt/mud/water some what in snow since i live in california i need somethin for both worlds road/ off road the swampers looks nice but the grabblers looks nicer i dunno which is best