Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nitto Grapplers???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89fullsiz, Mar 18, 2005.

1. 89fullsiz

89fullsiz Registered Member

Hey anyone running these I'm looking at them as an alternative to the BFG AT's. They do look cooler but the BFG's are tried and true.

Any opinions. Dude at America's tire is trying to sell me a set of 18's LOL I was like this ain't no damn rappers truck, I'm not going to roll on spinners with diamnond in the back :)

2. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

I bought a set for my DD 3/4 Suburban. I have been very happy with them. I narrowed my choices down to BFG AT's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Bridgestone Dueler REVO. I have put about 5k on the Nittos in all kinds of weather and terrain and they have performed great.

I found the best deal on Discount Tire Direct with free shipping (and no tax). I had less than $540 in four 265/75/16 mounted and balanced.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

cough swapers cough cough

nitto makes very good tires tho

4. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

The Swampers are on the trail rig.;)

5. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

I put a set of Nittos on my wife's GMC Yukon about a year ago. 285/75R16. I live in Alaska so I needed a good all terrain/snow tire. They ended up being cheaper than BFG ATs and they grip the ice better too. I would definitely recommend them for a DD/ mild off road rig. They haven't shown any visible wear in about 13000 miles.

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

we have them on our crew cab. They are 365-65-16 (35-1450-16) and I love them. They suck royally in mud (not too hot in rock either). They are a great DD with minor offroad use in mine. They track great, ride great, and wear great. I am gonna run them on my tow rig (if I ever get one).

7. jacksprat1599

jacksprat1599 Registered Member

I just put 35x12.5x15s on my 89 burb and I love them they are extremely quiet and all the tinny buzzing and rattling noises from inside are gone,zero vibration.That is partly because they replaced some very worn out Pro-comps.I mostly use it as a work truck and drive a lot of highway miles so I wanted a smooth quiet tread.They look like they would suck anywhere else but for a DD,perfect.

8. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I have some on my dd. I like them so much I am going to get some tomorrow for my new truck (picked up an 02 cc Duramax 4x4 new tow rig that can handle it!;) ) I will be going with the 295/75/16 AT's

9. shawndzugas

shawndzugas Registered Member

My brother just put a set of Nittos on his '01 Sierra. He says they don't do as good in rocks/trails, but are quieter on the road. They were also cheaper at Discount Tire than the BFGs.