Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NJ INSPECTION Needed ASAP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89njK5, Oct 1, 2001.

1. 89njK5

89njK5 Registered Member

Does anyone know where I can get my wonderful, K5 inspected in NJ (a private place)? There is no way in hell that it is going to pass at any of the local State Inspections. I'm looking for a private place where I can get the ole rust bucket inspected. I don't car how much I'm going to have to spend b/c there is no way it is going to pass w/ the holes in the floor. I am located 20 mins from Newark. I will travel almost anywhere in the state if I am going to get a sticker. Any help is appreciated.

Where did all this rust come from?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>How big are the holes? Mabye you can get some peices of steel and screw them in place just to get through? I dont know of any shops in particular, but I've head the state inspection station in Lodi is pretty lenient. I've never had my truck inspected for rust, but some on the floors under the carpet should be easy to sneak by. I think this November I'm going to have to go to the state facility in south jersey because I need stability papers this time [​IMG]

3. 84Blazr

84Blazr Registered Member

I don't know of any shops in particular that would be more lenient than another, just cover the holes. so where about are you located in NJ, you said about 20 mins from Newark, in what direction? I go to school in Newark....

Know any GOOD Wheelin' in Northwest Jersey, let me know?

4. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>I'm up by the Paramus/Northeastern Bergen County area. Its north of Newark. One of my freinds goes to NJIT too.

5. 84Blazr

84Blazr Registered Member

What about you 89njk5, where are you from?
    Biggray--does your friend at NJIT have a Blazer? Whats his name/major? Its a small school, I might know him..?

Know any GOOD Wheelin' in Northwest Jersey, let me know?

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Here is an old trick for passing inspection. Get a roll of duck tape and cover the holes and then undercoat it good. Once the undercoat is dry then hit a couple of mudholes and get it good and dirty underneith.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

7. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

There is a place in Verona right by a car dealership. Right off Bloomfield Ave. I forget what it is called exactly but I had a truck inspected there and it passed they messed with some of the details and got it to pass. They didnt sign the back of the sticker or anything like that but I had one. It cost me 40 dollars plus I gave the two guys lunch

{crazy}

8. 89njK5

89njK5 Registered Member

I got to Seton Hall University in South Orange. Can you be more specific on where the garage is in Veronna. Is it by the park? Is it by the Veronna Inn? I know the area pretty well.

Where did all this rust come from?

9. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I got mine inspected with rust holes in the floor, had a peice of still wet fiberglass covering it, the guy stuck his finger on it, wiped it onhis pants, and gave me the sticker.

<font color=red>I will not tolerate intolerance </font color=red>[​IMG]

10. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>My freind Nick had a stock 88 YJ but he sold it. I dont know his major