Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No 1st Gen'rs in salvage yards - what up?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by homemadesin, May 10, 2003.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

No 1st Gen\'rs in salvage yards - what up?

My search continues, but 3 yards today and not a single carcass of a 1st Gen. Saw several 2nd gen's and plenty of Fords /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. I went south to Co. springs. Does Denver have better?

FWIW: I have a 2nd Gen backseat and need the 1st Gen. Ebay better?

2. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: No 1st Gen\'rs in salvage yards - what up?

They all rusted away... A yard down here had 10-12 of them when I got my 72. they crushed them b4 I could get all I wanted. Nice grills, complete A/C systems who knows what else. I didn't know they were that scarce until i looked at other yards. Still pissed I didn't try to buy em all b4 it was too late... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

They are getting scarce everywere as far as I can tell. There arent any in the yards around here. Even the 2 wheel drive trucks are picked clean as soon as they hit the yards. It took me 3 months to find a short box for my truck.!

4. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

nothing down here in South Texas much, either, as rust takes care of anything after a few short years.

5. BLAZEN70

BLAZEN70 Registered Member

I have to agree with everyone else. I live within 50 miles of at least 6 different junk yards and i have yet to see a 1st gen blazer, although there are plenty of "STRIPPED OUT" 69-72 trucks. What burns me is i'll find one thats been sitting in someones backyard for 10 years and they won't part with it but rather let it rust away! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know where there are a few here in central Texas. But that is it.

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

here in pa they started a crushing frenzy.there are only a couple of yards that have anything for 67-72 chevy trucks.the place i used to go had 6 of them in various stages of dismantlement,but i was still getting parts from there.last summer they went out of the junk business and crushed every vehicle in the yard.all in all about 400 cars and trucks.

8. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

here in Iowa we got a J-yard that specializes in 1st gens. Lot of things that we all could use, but the guy knows what they are worth and likes to get what they are worth for them.

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Theres a few in the local pic your part type junkyards. The best place to find parts are the "specality" junkyards, you know the ones that only have parts for 1st and 2nd gen.

10. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

There is one in a yard in Durango Colorado, but the guy won't part. He wants to sell it hole for $1500, very rusty body and top is totally trashed, but it is a fairly complete jimmy. 350/350/205 and a.c.Seems like to much to me, also there are a bunch of rats or something living in it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

Since I bought my Blazer in 1996, I have seen one 1st gen blazer in a yard here in south louisiana. The body looked like it had been used for a car bash. The top was in good shape, I wish I had bothered to check out the hatch condition back then though. I find a 67-72 chevy truck every once in a while. I had one yard in town that specializes in late model stuff that had a 72 4x4 K/10 they ended up crushing. He was pissed to crush it, but he couldn't find any buyers. I got there 2 weeks too late. I was very suprised buy a salvage yard I went to just outside of Dallas a while back. They had about 10 67-72 trucks, 3 blazers, and 7 61-67 scout 80/800's. I have yet to see a scout 80/800 in a louisiana yard.