Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No Air

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rusty79, Jun 28, 2003.

1. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

I get no air from the vents when i turn on any selection from the heat/ac in my 88 k5. i checked all the fuses all were good. Are there any fusible links, or obvious places to check? If it is the blower motor will the one from a 79 fit? is there an easy way to check the blower motor ive checked all my shop manualls they are no help. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    thanks
    Dave

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

You should beable to hear the motor if it's running or not, they're pretty loud.

3. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

the motor does not come on ive tried turning it onand listening for it but the truck has straight pipes on it kinda hard to listen for things but im almost positive its not coming on at all

4. cjblais

cjblais Registered Member

This same thing happened on my 89. The switch which controls the blower speed the one on the left that goes up and down. It shorts out. If you pull the dash bezel and pull out the heater controlls you will most likely find that the switch is burnt. I picked up a new used at a junk yard for 10$. Hope this helps

5. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

ill check that thanks a bunch