Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no b!tch, I haven't had edamame!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jun 25, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn it man. I spent all day yesterday in my shop working. During that 8-10 hours, I had the radio on to my favorite station. I heard that stupid McDonalds commercial for their new asian salads something like a 100 times. You know, the one where the chick is saying whats in these new salads... last thing she lists is "edamame". Guy responds "whats edamame?"... chick says back... "you've had edamame"... as if that answers to god damn question! Arrrrrgggg. :mad:

Just about threw my radio against the wall every time I heard it. If it wasn't the only way to hear Sean Hannity and Mark Levine, I would have! lol! Anyone else annoyed by that stupid commercial or is it only playing in my area (why me god?!)????

j

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I hate radio...........................:mad:

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Satellite radio, don't even listen to broadcast anymore, because of all the commercials,,,hate it.

4. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya, that commercial sucks.

Sean Hannity is awesome.

5. jekbrown

yeppers, Hannity is very good and he is usually intellectually honest which is the key for any good radio guy/grl. I like Tammy Bruce also. Shes on late at night in Portland. I guess she used to be in charge of NOW (must have been back in the day!) but now shes a hardcore conservative talk show host who occassionally (rarely actually) tosses out some shouts about woman power. :thumb:

here is her www site. She has written some books too... I might grab one someday. Shes smart and witty which is always a good thing when commentating about politics. I love guys like William F. Buckley Jr (probably one of the smartest men who ever lived!), but I need more contemporary humor in my commentary to enjoy it... otherwise its more like work or studying.

j

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

www.edamame.com

I don't like salads.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

shouldn't this read,,,, "I hate salads" ?????:p:

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I hate salads.

9. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I agree STUPID comercial.

10. jekbrown

I like the old Mickey Ds. Where is Grimace and Hamburgler when you need them. :thumb:

My wife and I were looking at the nutritional info on our tray last time we went to Mickey Ds and a 10 piece chicken selects has 3100 mg of sodium. I have to watch sodium intake because of my kidneys. If you don't know how much salt that is... a large thing of french fries has 300-ish mg. yikes. I know the meat is supposed to be better than regular chicken mcnuggets... but I'll stick with the old school. I think one of my kidneys would probably literally explode before I could stuff down that 10th piece of chicken. :shocked:

j