Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No bout a doubt it.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Winter is comming. The last couple of days have been cold and windy. I like snow and the cold, but I'm not ready for it yet. :doah:

2. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

Man I envy you. I was born in Utah and have lived most of my life in southern California. I just moved to Texas and what the hell? I walk out of my apartment at 2:00am and it's still 85 degrees? I think i'm going to move to Wyoming or Montana. This is stupid it's so hot...

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I cant wait for it to cool off, its been 100+ here everyday for the last few weeks.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, I'm only on the other end of the state so I feel your pain. Cool is good, shivering in a sweatshirt at noon is not so good.

5. FreedomIsntFree

Yeah only a few degrees cooler here.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Been in AZ 22 years , and I don't miss the cold enough to live in it . I can handle it , and cold don't bother me......Its the helping dig out the car , getting the ice off the windows , and bundling up I can do without :D

When I want snow I drive 2 hours , play , and drive home ..... in a t-shirt :wink1:

7. FreedomIsntFree

I know i'd trade hot for cold ANY day.

For me, I CANNOT sleep when it is hot. If it's cold, you can always get more blankets or a bigger girl. When it's hot, you can't cool yourself off except A/C.

I say...bring on the cold!!!

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not the cold I'm dreading, it's the numb fingers while you're trying to wrench, the feeling like your bones are gonna crack when you try and lift something, and the frostbite and bleeding fingers...I like cold, ice and snow I could do without.

9. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The last week,its been anywhere from 25-39 in the morning. If my wife did not love it here, I DAMN SURE would not live here!!!!

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

winter SUCKS...

At the risk of repeating myself--I think winter SUCKS!!...I would not care if it NEVER snows again,and I'd be a much happier man if I lived where it never goes much below 60 degrees..I'd probably still have the first car I owned and it would still be in good shape,if I didnt live here ,where salt eats them away in 5 years..90% of ALL my vehicular problems are related to rust and corrosion!.....I myself would be in much better health too,had I not had to shovel and plow umpteen blizzards.. :mad: :doah: :crazy:

Maybe I wouldn't mind winter so much if it wasn't so long..2 months would not be too hard to take..6 is way too long!.. :(--1/2 a year WASTED!.. :screwy:

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

C'mon up, dude. There's lots of cold to go around up here. :rotfl: Heck, you might luck out and show up when it's -35 celcius outside. Yeah, that's -31 Farenheit........

It don't matter HOW big your blanket OR your woman is, NOTHING can keep you warm in those temps.

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I was part of a house crew out here one winter. I was ripping some rough cut cedar 2x12s when the noon bell rang. I just stopped where I was and went to eat lunch. When I started back up after lunch, my saw was frozen in the cedar board!!!! Had to get a propane torch from the plumber to melt it out. That day it was about -28 outside. I HATE WINTER. My wife just does not understand, cause she works in an office all day. I asm out in that crap sometimes 10 hours a day. The growing season here is so short, my wife has to move her tomato plants inside to allow the tomatoes to mature before the frost kills the plant. I'll take hot over cold any day.

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I refuse to live anywhere that there is a possibility, let alone a probability of there being a "-" in front of the temperature. :doah:

14. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hit -45 F more than once up here....

Thats why I hate winter, plain and simple. We are actually quite lucky not to have snow here yet, most years we already do. The whole area looks dead though, no leaves left on trees, and most of the grass that hasn't been religiously watered is brown now.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Leaves are turning colors and dropping around here. I need too take a drive through Spearfish Canyon with the camera in the next couple of days or so.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I like the title to this thread... :D

I'm not thrilled to see winter coming...

17. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

I can't wait till winter comes personally....its been 100+ the last week here in San Antonio. The hot weather really wears you down....

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea, but winter for you is probably like it is for me. Mid 50's except for that one really cold (35-30 degres) week.

19. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I LOVE winter! I can't wait. I hope we actually get some snow this year :rolleyes:

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

take an old michigan brother in, please. :D i HATE WINTER!!!i'm already getting depressed.3 ON THE TREE ,that is so true.and i heard a DJ say "you don't have to shovel humidity"!