Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No brake lights, no turn signals?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 20, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Everything works except I dont have brake lights or turn signals. Flasher is good. Fuses are good. Bulbs are good. 4-Way flashers work. Whats left? (this happened all of a sudden)

2. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

probably a gound somewhere,, check your headlight switch,, my switch grounds out to the dash, make sure you twist the back of the switch and make sure it's tight against the metal of the dash, that's how it is in mine anyways..

3. mountainexplorer

All my park lights and headlights work, just no brake lights. Tried fiddling with things and turn signals work, just no brake lights. I'm going to try changing the brake light switch that mounts above the pedal.

4. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

same thing happenend to me it was a fuse , did you test the fuse ? it was fixed but now my backups wont work i think its a ground somewhere . .... <shrug>

5. mountainexplorer

I checked every fuse in the fuse box, and none were visibly burnt out. Arent the brake and emergency flashers on the same fuse? cause the flashers work.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

try another light switch,

i had no hazards or brake lights in the 83, it was nust burnt fuse, probably happened some time before truck was parked, around 5 years ago, i had alot of bulbs to replace too, i still need to spray sockets with oil yet, and grease them too.
    one of these days,,.

i dont know what else that you could check with missing turns and brakes, hmm.. no turn lights at all anywhere, not a one not evne in dash ?

trace the rear lights harness from firewall down and back along frame rail, and check connections and splices out under tail of bed too, make sure have grounds at lights too back there

hmm..

7. mountainexplorer

Got it figured out last night when I went to tow a rig with the truck. Turn signals were working, flashers were working, just no brake lights. Narrowed it down to the little switch that mounts above the brake pedal, that actuates the lights when the pedal is depressed. I switched that out and they worked.