Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no brake lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skeeterlink, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Skeeterlink

Skeeterlink Registered Member

aight well it's a '78 and I got no brake lights i checked the bulbs and the fuses and it ain't neither one of those. I think it may be the plastic switch right above the brake pedal that makes the connection any body else had this problem or got a solution for me before I get a ticket. Preciate the help

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Unplug the switch and run a jumper wire across the two connections, or if there's only one (I don't remember) ground it and have someone see if the brake lights work. If they do it's the switch.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I'd go ahead and replace that switch anyway because it's probably never been replaced before. Also, check the connections from the wire harness out back.

<font color=red>"PROCRASTINATE NOW!!!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Check and make sure you still have turn signals and hazard lights. They are all the same part of the bulb if they all work then it's your switch.

1989 blazer, 383 stroker, D44 / 14FF, 4.56, locked, 35 BFG mud
    Scott

5. Skeeterlink

Skeeterlink Registered Member

preciate it I figured out it was a fuse that was hidden way back up in the corner after I replaced the hazard fuse(which was blown too) and the brake switch