Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No brake lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Sep 10, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

All of a sudden my brake lights and turn signals are not working. I replaced the fuses and they both blew, even with the ignition off. I had to re replace the ignition lock today, I thought that was causing the problem but all the wires looked solid. Can anyone send a wiring diagram or a heads up as I have no access to a manual? Thanks a bunch. Gonna go start digging with a test light right now.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

i hope this helps.....I had the same problem on an 81 suburban, the tailgate over the years from opening and closing caused the rubber over the wires to fray off and ground out the circuit. I would definately use a test light and try to follow every inch of the wires going back to the lights . I don't have a diagram for you though sorry.....good luck ......js

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Never thought of the tailgate, I'm going to check from the back to the front. Thanks for the help.I'll let you know

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey JimmyDie6.2, I found it. It was my trailerlight hook up. It had rubbed on the frame for sooooo long it just attatched itself to the frame. All is well!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Dang, you beat me to it, that is where I was going to tell you where to look.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Me too! same thig happend on my van

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm curious though, why did the turn signals bug out and burn the fuse? theyre on a different circuit right? a different fuse anyway.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim