Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLZN4FN, Apr 8, 2003.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok after swaping the ft and rear axles putting
    SS brake lines no brakes. I have manual bleed the system no luck. I put my snap-on Vacula brake bleeder and ran about 1 gall
    of fluid still very little brakes. Replaced the master cylinder
    still no luck. Tapped on the porprtion valve no luck ayone have any ideas on how to get a good pedal??

Thanks,
    Bo

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Did you bench bleed the MC?Do you any pedal feel at all? or is just straight to the floor?

Chris

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Chris,
    Yes I bench bleed the master. The pedal goes almost to the floor I have a little brakes about 1 inch from floor.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Did you bleed in the correct order? Farthest to closest to the master cylinder?
    RR
    LR
    RF
    LF

5. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Yea I just went out and tryed agine still no luck.
    Is there a difference in a power bleader vs a vacume bleader?

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

man do I feel your pain!

Is the brake light on on your dash?? if yes- its the combo/prop valve...what I ended up having to do- was undo the lines on the valve..just left them connected - un screwed them etc..and pumped the brakes, that was enough fluid/pressure to get the flap in the valve back over to where it belongs.

I gravity bled- till the fluid was pouring out of my bleeders, I manually bled till my leg was on FIRE....I vacume bled till the vacume pump caused a kink in my hand......it wasnt until I did this with the valve- AFTER hitting it to get the air out, that I got my pedal back......

as an FYI- some vacume bleeders recommend (instructions say) to start CLOSEST to the master cylinder, not farthest away..

good luck.....mine still arent the best- but my new calipers are sitting on my rear seat, waiting for the snow to leave again, so I can get them on- and bleed the front.

Brandy