Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No compassion!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Jul 17, 2000.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Sure enough!, I just got my K5 out of the paint shop after spending $2,150.00 for the paint job, stopped at a store for a few minutes and some @#$ hole slammed their door into the side of my truck and chipped the paint. I know, I know, these things are going to happen but JEEEEEEEEZZZZEEEEE! Let me at least get my truck home and enjoy it for a while first......Doe's anyone have any consideration of other peoples property?!

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

that stuff pisses me off!! my friend got a 2000 Z71 xtra cab. 3 days!!! dent in door!!! azz wholez. I'm lucky. most doors opened under my truck. not that I cared about a dent here or there!! but others should care!!

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

That sucks

That sucks man i'm sorry. If you don't have them already get some stainless steel step rails. Next time a car (much lower than your K5) opens their door to close to your blazer, their door will smash into a 3 inch tube of steel.

4. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Id say jealousy. Or another famous line i like to use is Arrogance and Ignorance go hand in hand. I had the door on my first k5 kicked in and found out who did it and I got him in some deep sh*t. I hate the attitude thats like "if its not mine then I could care less" no respect at all.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I always park my blazer by itself,so nobody parks by it so that does not happen!

6. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I try to park my blazer by itself too because I also payed a lot to have it painted. Sometimes you have no choice but to park beside some idiot. Thats why I have an alarm and 3-inch step bars. They get a bent up door and a ear full of siren if they hit my truck, hehehe.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

7. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

I feel for ya man, I park the Jimmy out in BFE in every parking lot and when I make the trek back from the store there is always some junker parked right beside it with 200 spaces open they park that sh!* right next to my ride so I can barely open my door knowing damn well theirs bounced off my paint. Oh well lifes too short to dwell on those basta@#$s and their low IQ. Just venting.

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I hate that! I always park far away too at work and I go in sideways to take up 2 places because nobody else parks back there. Whenever I have to park next to someone I always try to park next to a Firebird or something nice because I know that people that have cars like that care about them and they dont want to bang their doors on mine. I also try to park close to the passenger side on one so there will be more room for the driver door on the other car to open so maybe they wont hit me, and I hope that some passenger isn't in the other car.

90K5

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

The same week my mom got her new minivan(a chevy of course!) someone took a key and made a scratch mark down to the steal the entire way on one side of the car. That was a costly repair.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker kit,33x12.5 goodyear mtr, and 15x10 bajas ordered!

10. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

i guess when i was younger (like 2) me my mom and father were just driving along in the K5 minding our own business when some @$$hole flew by and threw a beer bottle through the windshield. never did find out who it was either!

Your right I dont understand the jeep thing!?

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

My blazer has been keyed more than I care to think about, but what really burnt me is I just bought my wife a new Jeep Cherokee Classic for our anniversary. It had a little scuff on it and the dealership told me to bring it back in a week to get it buffed out. Well, I went out the night before and made a list of any little scuffs in the paint to get them tho take care of it. Drove it to work (third time I've even gotten to drive it) and when I got to the dealership I handed the guy my list. He looked at the list then asked about the BIG FRIGGIN SCRATCHES down the side. I walked around to the passenger side to see where some friggin HOLE had keyed the FOOL out of the Jeep. The dealership worked for about an hour but got all of the scratches removed. You can't even see them anymore. MAKES ME FRIGGIN SICK to think that someone would do that FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain! TRUST ME!

Kyle
    89K5

12. Jimbo

Jimbo Registered Member

That is just all wrong. I agree that it seems that in this day people just don't care about one another sometimes. Then I'll meet someone who is decent like alot of us on this here board.

I believe I'll keep my backwoods pinstriping look and put my money in parts instead of a paint job, unless it is a rattle can.....

Jimbo

13. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Total lack of respect, makes you wonder what kind of parents brought these folks up....and you see it every day.

14. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think I want one of those $15 spray paint jobs...if someone keys it I won't go crazy. The only thing that really makes me mad is hail! Gotta run up to the local car wash and get under it. By the time I get there the hail storm is over and there are tons of tiny dents over the whole thing. My 2 cents.

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

15. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me how to hook up 220 volts to my truck while it's parked so that the next SOB who slams their door into my truck frys........Yeah baby

16. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i park in the middle of the parking lot away from others.that sucks man............somehting good will happen to you now.......Karma dude

17. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

i have no need to worry about paint My Blazer is like 4 different colors. and it got a bad case of Arizona Pinstriping. i Park any where i please

Charley
    81 Beater

18. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

was driving down I-5 awhile back, and pulled into a rest stop (wife's small bladder). a very new BMW pulls in, and on the rear quarter panel, someone had scratched " learn to park, [censored]!"
    nice dark green paint, to. i kinda chuckled in commiseration with the guy, and he says he was parked nice when it happened. sure he was.
    still a bullshit thing to do.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

19. rem7600

rem7600 1/2 ton status

I had a guy do it to my 98 GMC Pickup... He
    was climbing out of a '99 Yukon. I was
    sitting in the friggin truck! I got out and
    gave him a piece of my mind... Having no
    respect for other peoples property etc. He
    stood there and denied ever doing it!!!!!!!
    I couldn't friggin believe it!

All I could do is think to myself what an A$@
    Being 50 years old and having no respect for
    other peoples property, now there's a goal!!

Takes all kinds I guess...

[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>REM7600 - '89 Jimmy</font color=purple>

20. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i usually park by myself becasue i suck at parking hehe

'85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN