Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No control!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OLDSTEEL, Jul 2, 2000.

1. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

I put a 4in lift on and just cant keep the thing straight on the road. I have looked at the ball joints, checked the torque of the wheel bearings and it all looks good. What could the problem be?

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

2. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

same with me after i just put on a 6" so i just bought a 2" pitman arm. and from what people say it should fix it.

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Check tourque of the spring bolts and u-bolts, front spring bolts should be 90ftlbs back bolts 50 ftlbs. u-bolts for both sets should be 140-150ftlbs. not sure about rear spring bolts. also have alignment checked.

4. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

I already have a 2" pitman arm on it. The alignment is being checked today, I let you all know what happens

74 K5

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I had a simmilar issue and what i did was adjusted the drag link. I turned the wheel all the way to one direction and drive in a circle then drive in a circle the other other way and adjust until the same size circle in both directions.
    this helped allot with my pull or wandering.
    Good luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My 75 was having some bad bump steer issues and most of it turned out to be because the sway bar was binding. Seems the lift puts the sway at a bad angle. The bar should be close to level. With the sway off most of this went away but the truck has a lean issue now. Everybody I know that has the ORD quick disconnects says that they helped with the problem but still let them run a sway. Now with a 6 inch you probably got a shim for the front axle to correct the pinnion angle. Well this also changed you castor angle and may have thrown off your toe. The alingment shop should be able to see the problem when they check it.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

7. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Well the alignment was a little off, but it turned out to be the new steering box I put in a few months ago needed to be adjusted.
    Have any of you guys ever had a place refuse to check the alignment just because you have a lift? My wife had to go three diferant places around Tucson to find one that would do it for her.

74 K5