Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No cruise and wipers only work on high

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The cruise control doesn't work on my 89, and the wipers only work on high (no delay or low speeds). Could these problems be related? Where should I start looking? TIA

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Sounds like something in the wiper arm itself. Might wanna check it out.

P.S. Nothingface is the sh!t

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

On crab'ed engines, no cruise indicates a vaccuum leak. I think my wipers also work off vaccuum (or was that the 72). Since yours in FI, it may not use vaccuum for these.

Another thought, could it be a wire or something in your wand? (I'm talking about the control wand off the steering column that has wiper/cruise controls on it.) Or maybe the column?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

4. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

Do the wipers stop when you return to "Off" or do you have to work the switch to stop them? I've got a similar problem that I've traced to the "Park" switch. The wiper controller never sees "park" so it never stops ... nor does it stop, start the delay cycle, then start again.

FWIW

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The wipers stop just fine.