Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No Dash or Parking Lights, Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dodgedude99, Dec 5, 2003.

1. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

im in the process of putting together/back together my 88 k5. one weekend all the lights work the next they dont. the only thing different from one weekend to the next is that i installed a new set of taillights and installed a stereo.
    there wasnt a stereo when i bought it, but the clippings of the old stereo wires were in the dash and i ran new speaker wire.
    now the 2 wires that i have for constant + and for the -, if i accidently touch them together, the lights go on.
    even though they are + and -.
    could a headlight switch have a good setting for the headlights but not the parking lights?
    could i of have pulled a plug off or something pushing the stereo wires back into the dash?
    thanks for any help.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Blown fuse...

Rene

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

no thats whats f'ed up. all the fuse's under the dash are fine, is there another fush panel somewhere else like the newer cars?