Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No doors = WET INTERIOR!!! My roadtrip from VA/NC state line to south NC.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Jul 14, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yep, I was kicking it home from my lake house in Kerr Lake, VA yesterday down I-40 in Big Orange. About ten minutes outside of Raleigh, NC, the bottom fell out. Here I am, doorless, no shirt on, no clean clothes left, and towing my jet-ski which isn't hooked up to the trailer lights. Well, good ol' mother nature decided it would be funny to let it rain until I was 5 miles away from my house. So that left me with 100 some odd miles of down pour, driving 65-70 MPH, and people looking at me like I'm crazy. Other than coming closer to hypothermia than I would rather be, I LOVED IT!

Now, does anyone have any tips on how to dry out the ENTIRE interior of a K5? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BTW, if I passed by you on the roads, I was the idiot in the orange K5 with no doors and the black hardtop.

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Park it under the sun crack all the windows and use a fan.

That is, after you vacuum everything first!

3. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

yea i got caught in the rain with my tailgate off but the top was still on but it still sucked a bunch of water onto the carpet, the next day i took the top off and let it sit in the sun it dried after about an hour

4. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

ME:hi i am 83pjw i also am addicted to running no doors and no top.
    GROUP: Hi 83pjw. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

yeah dude bring it out to kansas city and park it it will be 112 degrees here today /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif