Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Jun 3, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

When you remove the doors, do you have to tie the two wires (in the door open indicator thingy) together or seperate them so not to cause the battery to die??? Or will just rewmoving the lightbulb work?

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

be thankful your door-open switch works. mine rusted shut years ago /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I don't know the light come off w/ the top on a 73 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

aren't you an electronics technician or something?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif The Haynes manual shows the door switch is normally open. Opening the door closes the switch and provides the ground. Take the switch out and cap each wire. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Take the bulbs out..... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You could always hack into the wiring and install a toggle switch in the dome light circuit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I've also seen Jeeps with a little metal clip in the door jamb. It could rotate around to hold the dome light switch pressed down all the time, for use with the doors off. Then when you put the doors back on, the clips get rotated out of the way. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You can take out the bulb or put a toggle switch into the hot lead to the bulb so you still have a light when you need (or moreso your GF as I find a flashlight to be beyond convenient.