Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No front wheel cylinders????? HELP!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aksidentproan, Jul 3, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Redoing the brakes and I need front wheel cylinders. Called 5 parts stores, including NAPA, and in there parts book it says "NOT AVAILABLE". Any suggestions? They have the 2wd ones but not the 4x4. Are they the same? I'm in need of some serious help. Thanks

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Did you try LMC, Chevy Duty or any others? LMC has them listed for 4wd at $29.95 each.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

seems like it's time to switch over to disk brakes. have you tried the other local parts stores. also you can look or ask around for truck(not blazer) wheel cylinders. just take yours to compare them. you can also try and rebuild them by purchasing the rubber pieces themselves.

ARQ.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

thats the cheaper way to go also.cost me 5 dollars for a rear brake cylander rebuild kit for my 12 bolt.only takes about 10 minutes to replace the rubber seals.

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

look what i found, second page link below. you can get the part numbers and go to the local parts store to see if they carry them.

good luck,
    ARQ.

wheel cylinders

6. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Went through the same thing, I took one off and took it to napa and the PN on my wheel cylinder crossed to a 1969 cylinder and that's what I put on PN 14493 and 14494.

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

If you haven't found any yet let me know, I can check at work tomorrow and get you all kinds of part numbers for them.

8. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i ran the parts numbers on mine. they are same all the way through to 72. my truck is a 69 and i had to tell them 72 so it would show available. then the screen said 68-72 on its description. good luck

nathan

9. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure I got mine at Kragen. Ask them to look in the book if it doesn't show up in the computer. If they give you a hard time, ask if you can look it up in the book. I do it all the time. '70 Blazer? I have some brake catalogs at home, I'll look up the Raybestos and Bendix part #s when I get home from work.

10. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

Bendix ('69 only listed)
    Left: 33501
    Right: 33502

Raybestos ('69 only listed)
    Left: 14494
    Right: 14493

NAPA
    Same as Raybestos

There's a place in Spring Valley, CA called Border Parts. If your set on keeping the drums John can find them.

If you want to convert to disc, It's really easy. It's all bolt on. I spent $200 more on converting to discs than I would have spent on fixing the drum brakes. All the brake parts are in stock and really common. Calipers at Kragen were like $18, wheel cyls. were $40. Drums were $80-$100, rotors were like $30. If you need help with info on a conversion email me.