Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No fuel getting to injectors......**FIXED**

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by stallion85, Jan 7, 2007.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I haven't been able to start the beast and thought it was the glow plugs. Turns out they are fine, but there is no fuel getting to the injectors. There is fuel leaving the box on the firewall (What is this thing? Fuel filter?) anyways it leaves this box fine, but for some reason is not getting past the piece where all the linesbranch out from? Any possible solutions you all can think of? Could there be air in the lines or something and I need to re prime? I don't know why it would have lost prime in the first place:confused:

This is for a 6.2 BTW

Also is this where I can tap into for an oil pressure gauge?

christmas 018.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. stallion85

After doing a little searching I ran across this post

What does the injection pump look like? Is it the thing where all the hard lines branch out from? Also since fuel is getting to this point and not moving out how can I tell if the Injection pump is bad? Maybe it's just a blown fuse, is there a fuse for this?

I feel like a tool now that I have opened the hard lines to the block. Hopefully I haven't screwed too many things up:doah:

3. maynardogle

maynardogle 1/2 ton status

OK...the box thing on the firewall is the fuel filter. A hose goes from that to the back of the injector pump. The injector pump converts the 7 psi fuel pressure to like 1000 psi and pushes it in little dribbles down those eight little steel pipes to each injector...but only when engine is cranked/running. How did you determine there was no fuels going into the injectors?

4. maynardogle

maynardogle 1/2 ton status

The injector pump is under the intake manifold in the fron of the engine at the very top. It has the eight little steel injector lines coming out of the back. The injector pume has two electrical wires. The fat pink one turns the fuel valve in the pump on so the fuel will go past. When the truck is on/cranking/running the fat pink wire should have +12.

5. stallion85

I cracked the nuts loose on the hard lines to the block and turned the truck over and NO fuel came out......I will have to check to make sure it is getting power. Can you here it turn on or anything?

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Crack a couple of injector lines loose then crank it over for a good 5 count. Let it sit a little then repeat the process a few times. When I had to bleed out the injectors in my Cummins not all of the lines bleed out fuel right away so if you have more open you will have a better chance of seeing results.

Have you changed your FF recently? You can put air in the system that way when you change filters or work on the fuel system.

Harley

7. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Go over to steel soldiers.com and look under references. You'll be able to download several military manuals for 6.2 engines. The M1009 and M1008. 85% are the same and it will help with the basics a lot:D

8. stallion85

The injector pump is getting power to the pink wire when the key is in the run position. I have read that you should hear it click on or something? I cannot hear it from the cab,,,,,maybe I should grab a friend to listen for it. Also I did nothing with the fuel system. It ran fine, I fixed the lights from my GO solenoid to the indash "wait to start" and went to drive it the next day and it wouldn't fire?????

I will crack a few more open to see what happens..........

OK I just came back from cracking two hard lines and got nothing. I need to charge the battery and re think my game plan.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  9. stallion85

Ok I just removed the rubber hose coming out of the injector pump that tees off into the soft lines that go to the injectors and when I cranked it over it pulsed fuel out with each crank. So this would tell me fuel is getting to the IP and also exiting, but it's not going to the hard lines. My battery is near dead and I am going to start charging it. Then I will see if I can get any fuel to the hard lines.

10. stallion85

I got it started. Turned out it needed to be primed and the battery didn't have enough juice in the battery to prime the lines. Charged the battery and loosened two-1 on each side starting from the front. Then cranked it over for 2-5 second intervals and the ends would look wet. Tightened them and did the next two behind them. Then I cycled the glow plugs for 10 seconds and it fired up instantly!!!

I wonder how it lost prime? Anyways thanks for those who responded with help. At least I didn't have to buy anything to get it to run for once.....lol.