Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No Fuel!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MITCH_89', Apr 2, 2003.

1. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

I rolled to a stop, and there it sits..broke. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Got spark, no fuel. I took the filter off the frame, and turned the key on, no gas. Should gas spray out when I turn on the key? Fuel injection

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a bad fuel pump. Its in the tank. Hopefully the tank isn't full. Mine have always gone bad right after I fill them up. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Get yourself a new pump, sock, and new filter. You should be fine after that.

John [​IMG]

3. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

There is a relay in the engine compartment that you can Jump with 12V to run the fuel pump. If the pump is working, you will hear it run....if not, time to pull the tank. Be sure and check the Baffle in the tank, they are know to come loose, and wreck havoc on the sender/pump assembly.

4. themaddhatter

themaddhatter Registered Member

even if you jumper it and you hear it run, it may not be working STILL

If you have power going to the pump, can HEAR the pump, but aren't getting anything at the filter, get ready to crack that tank open....

good luck