Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no fuel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Jul 30, 2003.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

picked up a 72 with a new crate 350 in it this weekend. Not running because the former owner got tired of working on it before he fin ished the install. I'm not getting any fuel up to the carb. I just put on the pump. Positioned the pushrod on the pump lever corectly and hooked up the lines. Cranked it over for several minutes with no fuel coming up the line. Any suggestions? I'm kind of stumped.

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Any fuel in the tank?
    Doe's it have an auxillary tank? If so, is the valve turned to the correct tank?

3. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

tank is half full. Only one tank. I'm not even feeling any presure from the hose when the engine is cranking over.

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

It is possible when installing the fuel pump, to have the pushrod slide down and still get the pump on the engine.

Pull the pump and take a look. A hacksaw blade work's well to hold the pushrod up, while installing the pump. Another method is to remove a 3/8" bolt on front of the block, replacing it with a longer bolt, to hold the pushrod in the up postition, just remember to remove the longer bolt, and reinstall the shorter bolt, with a little "Right Stuff" on the thread's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif