Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no horn.....????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Proxy6969, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Proxy6969

Proxy6969 Registered Member

welp since i got my truck running ive been working to get it street legal to pass state(TX) inspection...i now have everything legal except one thing....horn i was looking at it in the steering wheel all the parts are there but then i went under the hood to try a few tricks and there seems to be no horn module...i cant even find where one was mounted and removed...its a 75 k5 so did it just not come with a horn under hood but in the wheel for some reason or wat? if so do u think i will need a horn to pass inspection since it maybe didnt come with one? any input appreciated(spelling?)

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

there are 2 horns mounted to the core support up high between the grill and the headlite (1 on each side) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

IIRC, look at the headlamps from the front, then look just to the center of the truck from the lamps, thats where your horns should be...

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

thanx. he said he didn't see one so i'm just gonna give him mine. he needs it more than i do. lol. later.

jacob

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif