Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no lights on my m1008

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigmatt, Dec 23, 2003.

1. bigmatt

bigmatt Registered Member

I am having trouble with my M1008. Coming home the other day my radio cut out. I didn't think anything of it because the radio cuts out once in a while. Well its not just the radio. I have no lights either. Turn signals, brake lights, headlights, dash lights and blackouts are not working at all. I checked all fuses and the fuses are fine. I've been following wires with my volt meter and I have no clue what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Grounds?

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

check your service lights switch. they fail often

4. bigmatt

bigmatt Registered Member

I fixed the problem. It ended up being the headlight switch. After scratching my head I remember my CJ7 having the same problem that turned out to be the headlight switch.

5. 88 jimmychanga

88 jimmychanga Registered Member

Could you explain how you fixed it?

Not all of my lights are out but I cannot get my license plate lamp light to come on! I've checked the fuses, they are fine. I've even replaced the entire lamp assembly (bulb, cover, plug, etc.) and nothing! It still won't come on... any ideas? I'm pretty desperate here, I've been pulled over twice for not having them working. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

If it's just the taillights (or license plate light), check the wires and check the ground. Sometimes things rust out back there, and the lights go out. You might need to run a ground wire from the bulb housing (ground) and run it forward to a good ground.

7. 88 jimmychanga

Checked all of the connections and nothing... I guess I'll try a different ground tomorrow when I have some light outside. Thanks for the help.

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You have a license plate light? I have never had one on my rig /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ooops..see ya got it fixed! Hope you bought the one from NAPA with the lifetime warranty, yer gonna need it!!

9. 88 jimmychanga

Yea, I've been pulled over for not having one. It kinda doesn't make sense, if they are gonna pull you over for not being able to see your license plate, then they get behind you to pull you over and their lights are on, then you can see it b/c their lights are It's ridiculous.