Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No locker worries

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, May 13, 2002.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I just had my lock-right installed in my rear diff. this week-end and these are my observations. It took me about 15 minutes to get used to driving it on the street, the clicking doesn't really bother me and the difference in handling on the street is minimal. Now to the good stuff, I went to the dunes this week-end and the difference is amazing, I can now cruise up dunes that I had problems getting up before. I was driving behind a guy in a Cherokee who was hard on the gas to make it through and I just cruised right by him.

Best $260 dlls. I spent in a long time!

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What characteristics on the road did you have to "get used to"

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Besides the clicking noise which I guess to some people could sound like something is wrong with the differential I noticed that the truck wants to go straight when coming out of a turn and applying the gas. It is not anything that will make you loose control of the car, we put it in Saturday and I'm already used to it now. I have never driven a car with a locker before and maybe the lock-right is not as "jerky" as other lockers but I don't see what the problem is and I don't know why anyone would spend more money on a posi-traction when they can get a locker that behaves as good as this one for less money.

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

with my detroit the only thing i had to get used to was the clicking that sounded like my transmission was going to fall out...on the highway if you let off the gas then mat it youll feel it disengage and engage...its kinda cool though

Later