Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No looking back

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Highjaxx, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

I've got my '92 TBI 454(garage), '91 700R4(truck), and 203/205(garage). I need to install them all together, but I need some help. The engine had a standard transmission, and I believe my tranny's shifts are cable controlled. Any hints, tricks or suggestions. The tranny was competely rebuilt last year. I've looked at a transkit, but with bills stacking up, how much more would it be to put in the transkit if/after the tranny explodes vs. doing it now? I'd also like information on floorboards clearance issues as I don't have a body lift, it's an '86 Sub that came with the 350/700R4/208, can I rotate the Doubler any further than the usual 2". I'm looking for the best results with the fewest headaches at this point, as I have enough to deal with, doing all this all at once. Stephen I'd love a detailed description of what all you had to do to make it work as this is very similiar to your setup now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thank you everyone for your on-going help in this the largest project I've ever attempted.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Well, we covered some of this on the phone but there's a bit more. Floor boards should be fine with the 2" up, we don't recommend going any more than that.
    Like we talked about, it's not going to be too big a deal to do some more work to the trans since you'll have it apart to put the output shaft in it.
    Otherwise this is all pretty standard and there shouldn't be any major problems.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...and there shouldn't be any major problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is OT but:

I love this line! me and my buddies always laugh when one of us say this as it is a given that any of our projects will have many "minor" problems. but then the "major" stuff comes up its "catastrophic failure"

sorry, made me chuckle here at work... [​IMG]

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I guess a major problem would be having to move the seats to fit the transfer case. All others are minor problems.

Measuring on that scale, I guess dropping a Doubler in a K5 should happen by itself.