Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no low RPM Torque Carb guys can you help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikayak390, Jun 23, 2005.

1. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

I have a small block 350 in my C-10 and a Big block 390 in my thunderbird.

I have the same problem with both and must be missing something really stupid. Any suggestions?

OK both motors start and idle very smooth. The Chevy was build by someone else and I have the P.O's problems to keep in mind. I think its a stock cam and its got a little 1bbl carb. The Big ford is a brand new motor, built by myself and a local machine shop. Completely stock Cam, 750cfm bbl(stock for the car)

So both have normal vacume about 20psi no leaks. both are reading perfectly in time according to factory specs, acording to my timming light and the crank marks.

both will run and drive, but neither one is producing any power at low RPM. They seem to be sucking down gas prety heavily as well.

I don't know much about the chevys past and engine condition yet, I have only had it a week or so. The Ford is perfect in every way inside the motor and just sounds so smooth at idle. I know that motor can pull down a house at low RPM if I get it set right, but so far I am missing some little detail and both drive like Ssst.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your help.