Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NO MORE KNUCKLEHEADS post...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camiswelding, May 25, 2004.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

An observation
    Lately there have been a number of posts about hot button issues that seem to strike chords within us.I see that several have been locked out by moderators when they get personal...
    I, for one, am happy to say I have found there are some really interesting people on this site... alot more than I thought who think like me and understand or appreciate clearly what things like honor and duty are....
    I also think that k5 is just like society... with the same knuckleheads here as everywhere else...
    BUT I also think that if we are having a "spirited" discussion that is started by someone and that person doesnt like what is being said you moderators should be VERY careful with the IGGY button...
    The lounge is just that... we arent talking k5s we are talking about other issues...
    and if someone talks about their drug issues, their girlfriend issues or their issues with the war or getting a ticket or whatever... well if they are dumb enough to open themselves up here they deserve every comment coming their way...
    a years membership is way cheaper than some md/phd... so WE are actually doing them a favor...
    Yep... knuckleheads... its a good word... not overly offensive... and every society has a least five percent of them...
    perhaps the 5 percent club should be started here... just to make them feel wanted and special!!!
    ok.. my two cents... what say the rest of you?

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I think it's fun in the Lounge! Alot of different people here, some more different than others, but the Lounge is a good place for some pretty emotional/charged/amped conversations. If ya wanna flame or vent, you should be able to do it in the Lounge... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it's fun in the Lounge! Alot of different people here, some more different than others, but the Lounge is a good place for some pretty emotional/charged/amped conversations. If ya wanna flame or vent, you should be able to do it in the Lounge... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

right on

you guys are so easy to piss off its great

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    right on

you guys are so easy to piss off its great

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt really matter what the subject is about. Some people are just Troll's that will do anything to start a flame war.

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    will do anything to start a flame war.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont have to do much

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont have to do much

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing, too. Since you ain't got much.

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont have to do much

[/ QUOTE ]

Except learn how to talk directly out of your ass.

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Not only do i think he has mastered talking out of his ass, i think he learned how to type with it as well.

Edit: now that i think about it, i dont think thats possible /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Since his head seems to be firmly lodged up there, maybe he's using his tongue or nose or something, that could work.

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

one of my posts = 10 of you to reply to it, and still not a very good insult after all that hard work.

Keep trying tho.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

we don't have to insult you, someone that comes here day in day out, PAYS MONEY(there is a fee involved here), and spends his energy even typing words trying to start [darn] is simply put a loser. I used to be like that, wasting energy to get people going, then one day I realized how sad it was and stopped. I rarely bother when people piss me off online anymore simply because, Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olypmics, even if you win you are still retarded.

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olypmics, even if you win you are still retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
    BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Just to get this post back on topic: /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Steve has asked us Mods to lock out or delete any posts that start getting ugly. It's that simple.

And FWIW, any of you "trolls" who think it's fun to start shite on a regular basis need to get a life. I have better things to do than waste my time scrolling through a post only to end up reading your garbage. Keep in mind that being a paid member doesn't entitle you to wreck everybody else's CK5 experience for your own amusement. Steve has been coming down hard on guys like you and I can see him taking a harder look at some people's behavior and permanently banning some users who continue to taunt other members on a regular basis.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah I've noticed alot of mean posts or remarks lately... you guys need to stop PMS'ing. KIDDING. but serisouly, I'd rather read about new upgrades to someone rig, or read a funny joke I've never seen, than to read someone make fun of someone else on here. Everyone has there own opinion, but if you have to say that you think someone is a real @$$hole then that's just no fair. Just my 3 cents /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    BUT I also think that if we are having a "spirited" discussion that is started by someone and that person doesn't like what is being said you moderators should be VERY careful with the IGGY button...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok heres the deal if a discussion gets heated i watch it very close when it starts getting to the point that all it is is name calling or threats or out of line in that way then i either lock it or delete it period. i am not going to step in and act as a ref or a babysitter. i think i have always been fair about posts when i get notified about a post i look at it and see what the reason for being notified is and then make a judgment call on what to do. just because one person gets offended i don't always lock or delete it. but if it looks out of line its locked or deleted.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve has asked us Mods to lock out or delete any posts that start getting ugly. It's that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've nailed women uglier than some of the locked threads......... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I know, I don't even think anyone raised their voice. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've nailed women uglier than some of the locked threads.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least we know you have standards /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally I don't mind alittle profanity, but I don't like name calling. I belive everybody has a right to thier opinions. To me, name calling is a slap in the face. Now if someone slaps you, don't ya slap them back ???
    Best way not to get slapped is not to slap !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

20. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Shannon/Paul...
    We appreciate your unpaid babysitting...
    Now you know what its like being policeman dealing with the public.... at the end of the day you just want to go home and forget them....
    half the b.s. rules in the world are because of rude people
    screwing the rest of us