Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No more LIFETIME ujoints!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Aug 9, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I happened to be in Autozone getting a compressor for my SO's car (please look at the Other Rides section for a post about that - thanks) and they were telling me they were changing the policies on many of thier lifetime guarantee items, especially ujoints! It will now be 90 days and that's it.
    I know I bought my 1350 ujoints from them and if they go, it's still lifetime because I bought them before the policy change.
    Just thought I would let everyone know because I know a lot of guys who really like those lifetime ujoints.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> At some point I'll be done building my truck and can actually go wheeling. Until then, I guess sex and alcohol will have to do. [​IMG]

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hmmm.. I was just in there a couple days ago and the ones I bought were lifetime...

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Same Here . I Bought 4 Sets Last Week And They Said Life Time Replacement.

A Big Hammer Can Fix Anything ..

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

depends on who you talk to there....

but I just bought a spare one and it was also lifetime warranty. they do not offer lifetime on things like brake pads or bearings however. (I think pepboy does)

I bought a wirebrush the other day, and it was lifetime warranty!!

"excuse me, I wore out the wirebrush, can I get another?"

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have lifetime brake pads, shoes, and all of my U-joints from them. Since I've already bought them, I don 'thave to worry about it.

And they've replaced a couple more than once.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles