Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No More Rice?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Aug 18, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I haven't seen too many ricers around my town. Like at all...

Is "import racing" no longer the current fad?

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Oh it will be around a little longer but it to will die out just as the mini trucking fad of the 80's did. I hope /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh it will be around a little longer but it to will die out just as the mini trucking fad of the 80's did. I hope /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to disagree.. I sell a lot of "ricer" products and sells up every year..

I think we might be getting use to it so we do not notice it enough.

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Its going up and up each day around where I live...to the fact I saw a Chevy Beretta with a 5-6 inch cowl hood, huge spoiler and all kinds of body molding on it.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i think the real question is when is the ricer crowd going to quit being gay and actually do stuff to their cars that really makes them faster. They are in the "chrome leaf spring" phase right now. The 4x4 community turned it around eventually, hopefully the ricer guys will too, cause what they are building now is laaaame.

j

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Honestly I have very little problems with most import cars that have been "souped up" for lack of better terms, and alot of the stuff they can do just by messing with the computers and such is really cool I think. Id drive a Skyline or Evo, or 3000GT If I could get my hands on one...and it is just when they start doing stuff that is stupid in my opinion with all those body mods etc. A friend once told me for a 6 inch spoiler to do any good you need to be doing in excess of 90-100 mph. whether its true or not I dont know, but ive seen all kinda of car with race-esc type spoilers from cavaliers and lumina to civics and accords

7. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

a good friend of mine has a stock 97 2 door civic, with hub caps and crank down windows, and no ac, and i just helped him put a motor and tranny in it that we built, and the car ran 12.3 at the track. i can apreciate a car liek that.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

He needed help putting the motor and tranny in? Small guy?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just kiddin!

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

my stupid neighbor down the street has a red honda civic, it's so loud youcan hear it in the house. I've raced him a few times, last time two weeks ago. each time light to light, my ratty old 89 taurus with a 3.8 lt absolutly dusts that POS, and most of the time I never go over about 50 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Its here, and its nuts. Every other cars has one of those stupid fart can mufflers on em! When there is rice in front of me at a light, i make sure i put my bumper right on their window hehehe

11. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

The Porshe's wing does not even extend until you are over 80 or so. But some wings I have seen are so large that they throw off the 50-50 rating the company tried to create in the first place. Nothing like more weight to slow you down as well.