Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no more staying up all night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Nov 12, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

friday night I ended up not going to bed even after having little sleep the night before, then drove all day saterday, went to a trail clean up, broke and fixed crap, got tback to my other truck then got a nice shower. but the girl friend wanted to go out, so I ended up some how down in south chandler with her friends till just after 5 am..:eek1:

long story short I was way tired, I got woke up to a guy knocking on my window:eek1: I had fell asleep at the light and this couple way nice enough to notice and wake me up:bow: anyways, I left for home about 5.15 am, I had drivin only 2 miles away and it was just after 5:30 when they woke me up. I ended up driving into a parking lot and sleeping.

just sucks to think what would have happen if a truck had hit me from behind, or if I had of fell asleep while driving.

no more all nighters

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Driving tired is almost as bad driving drunk. :eek1: :doah:

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I dont know how many accidents i see were people have fallen asleep. people underestimate it and everyone (almost) does it.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

i would have to say I fully believe its as bad and for certain reason worse

you can have an awake drunk

but driving exhausted, your pretty much burned up

5. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Believe it or not, you can get a ticket for driving tired, i learned that in the 4 hour class i had to sit at today.. they have some way of calling it a dui... didnt really catch on but he did say you can get in trouble.. Nate

6. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I always hated falling asleep at a traffic light never new how many you slept through.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I believe it is called a DWD ( Driving while drowsey) atleast that is what it is called out here. BUBBA what say you?

Ira

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I know how that is. I've had to stop two times in my life because I just couldn't go any farther. The most recent was after the "CK5 Autumn Thump" in October. I drove all day that Sunday from 9 to 7, fighting the mud on the trails, then 2 hours home, then 2.5 more to my g/f's house. I had to stop 20 minutes from her house and have her drive.

The other time, I was driving my Dad's (at the time) '01 Chevy 3500 dually. I was on a medication for Vertigo, which strangely doesn't bother me any more. Anyways, I hadn't experienced any side effects for it yet, and I had been taking it for two weeks already. This particular night just sprang upon me. I was driving home fine, then all the sudden I blink and I'm in the on-coming lane! After a few explicitives, I pulled over and passed out for 2 hours with the truck in park, lights on, doors locked in front of a country gas station. I was awakened by a couple of Bladen County Sheriff's Deputies. Little had I known, the store was broken into two weeks prior, and the owner thought that I was breaking in!

I'm very good at staying awake and functional while driving, but those two instances got me.