Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No more subscriptions, but.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Jan 1, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I cancelled all my off road subs cause I was tired of seeing Nice paint jobs with 44's and 10 bolt axles. Most of the time with more shocks than you can count with your fingers.(Yes, I always count that way /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The part of them mags that I really miss is the tech trick sections. They always had some trick that was cool. Like one I saw not long ago was a guy mounting his license plate on the roller fair lead with a mag lite type clip. Press it on and go, or yank it off and winch... Now I know you guys are workin on stuff all the time. Creating and building so I know you are coming up with stuff like that. Pass it along when you get a revelation like that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. JSH

JSH Registered Member

I mainly get them for the worst stuck photos. Those people make me feel smarter. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Once in awhile a good cheap tech trick that is interesting too. Seems like they have become mostly catalogs lately.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Fourwheeler used to be way better before Peterson's publishing bought it, that's for sure.

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

fourwheeler was bought by petersen's, which was then bought by e-map, an english publishing giant, which then sold the 4x4 titles to primedia which already had off-road and sport utility vehicle, petersen's had four wheel and offroad, jp, and 4x4 power which got the axe when e-map bought them out, for a brief time fourwheeler's publishing company came out with a magazine called fullsize 4x4, i have the issues before it was stopped before it was sold to petersen's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

since we are on the subject of magazines...
    Anyone else glance at em as the walk through the store and see the cover say something like "build a xxxxxx for your truck" then you get it home and it's buy this kit open the box and bolt it in/on. Very seldom do I even bother looking at em anymore, unless I'm looking for some ads to get current prices on stuff.

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The only ones I look at anymore are Petersons Off-road which is my favorite and Four Wheeler. I dont know about Four Wheeler anymore though. I'm not too interested in seeing some Ford SuperDuty Show truck. The only reason I think I still read that mag is for the TTC. I wont even talk about OffRoad magazine.

7. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

i agree that the mag's are getting lamer and lamer, but i still need something to read while i'm on the can /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

deck

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif