Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No Nativity scene

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Dec 4, 2005.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

There will be no Nativity Scene in Washington, DC this year !

The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene in Washington, DC this Christmas season. This isn't for any religious reason, they simply have not been able to find three wise men and a virgin in the Nation's capitol. There was no problem finding enough asses to fill the stable, however.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Good one!...

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Read a story in tonights paper about a nearby town's "naitivity scene" they put up on the town common every year for about 50 years now..there was a debate a few years ago,when someone whined it didn't represent their particular faith or whatever--the town held a town meeting,and 99% 0f the townfolk told them if they didn't like it,TOUGH S***! :haha: :haha: --so the tradition continues!..but a slight snag this yaer..

Seems Baby Jesus,the 3 Wise Men,and other true to life full size ceramic figurines are in need of badly needed repairs..over the years,vandals had stolen "Jesus",and placed him on a store rooftop,and other acts of vandalism were done to the other figures as well..some just have a chipped ear,or need repainting,due to wear and tear..

The town wants to apropriate 10,000 dollars for the restoration of the figurines!... :eek1: ...jeesh!--you'd think you could buy brand new fiberglass ones for half that much.!---maybe I should put in a bid..a little bondo,some fresh paint--I bet I could fix em RIGHT up for say..10 grand???.. ;)
    I'm going to watch and see who gets the contract to repair them,,I bet its a local body shop... :surepal: :thinking: :whistle: :screwy: