Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No power to guages and 2 other problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Canadianbuilder, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Canadianbuilder

Canadianbuilder Registered Member

I am just finishing up my 89 Suburban which I built from the ground up and I have a few minor problems.
    The main problem I have is my factory temperature and oil pressure guages don`t work.The voltmeter works fine and I think the fuel guage is working but it is hard to be sure because there is only about 4 gallons of fuel in it.I have checked the fusebox with a testlight and at the fuse marked guages there is no power at either side of the fuse.Any ideas why there isn`t any power to that particular terminal?
    The rest of the fusebox has power except for the fuse labeled crnk at the bottom of the panel.I honestly don`t know what that fuse is for:o .
    The other 2 problems I have are the heater fan doesn`t work and the engine idle is way to high.I think I can figure the last 2 out although any help would be appreciated.The biggest head scratcher though is why the guage terminal in the fuse box is dead.Thanks.