Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no power to rear when in reverse...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer-Boy, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Blazer-Boy

Blazer-Boy Registered Member

i've searched the site for problems similar to mine, but i havent seen anything that sounds like my problem.
    first off, i'm running 35's w/ stock gears and axles on my 72. my problem is that the rear doesnt seem to have any power in 2wd or 4wd. there is no claking or grinding...it just doesnt want to grab. any help would be appreciated.

2. speedjunky

speedjunky Registered Member

depends on what tranny you have I had a 350 it had the same problem It had a broken sprag and I broke the case inside maybe this will help /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Blazer-Boy

Blazer-Boy Registered Member

yeah...its a 350, but whats a sprag? and can i fix this myself?

4. speedjunky

speedjunky Registered Member

You have to tear the tranny down to get to it also there are some ears in the case that hold everything in place that could be broken(need new case) I happen to have friend in the buisness The best thing is to drop the pan and look at the fluid (burnt-stained-ect)in the pan for metal-trash and at the filter most shops can give you a good idea whats wrong that info hope this helps /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Here is a link to what happened to my TH350. The reverese sprag exploded. The bearings in went everywhere in side the case, and got wedged between the reverse clutch support and the inner race. The clutch support cracked and pushed outward on the case putting a hairline crack in it. There were chunks of metal everywhere inside the case.

TH350 Rebuild