Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No rear wheel weel are cool! Untill you drive through water.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

By the time I drove through town I was soaked. Those swampers throw an impressive amount of water. Think I'll have to put the rear wheel wells back in. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha, that would be a good idea, go mudding first /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Have you hit any decent puddles on the road yet? I used to have a 4WD Dodge van. With the tires so far forward, and the van lifted about 4 inches over stock, water would spray forward from the tires and then come back onto the windshield. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Just wondering if you'll see a similar effect with the body modified so drastically.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

crap, now I am wondering what I will do..but it only rains a few times a year.

my truck always seems to be down too

the last few times..

gove lock..rain
    motor..rain
    steering..rain
    454..rain

maby my truck is doing a funky rain dance or somethin /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

the one time I did drive in rain I totaled a newer civic that turned into me /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

actually I kind of knocked and pushed it out of the way...then I locked them up and crunched it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

should have seen my 1/4 wall rectangular tube bumper thats tucked in the frame and boxed..just some paint on it /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

for some reason my 82 amc eagle srx seemed like it was designed specifically to transfer the water from a puddle directly to the winshield /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifIt's didn't help that the windshield wipers were always crapping out /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I saw a pretty good stream shoot up and off the tires. It didnt really hit the windshield though. I was only going around 30 miles an hour though. Faster might do it.