Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no reverse in 700r4?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Aug 20, 2006.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

k my current 700-r4 in my 89 blazer has no reverse but it strong in drive i even had a friend hold the brake while i switched it back and forth in and outta gear by hand no luck so is it fried already? its oil looks clean and is full and i have the cooler hooked up right so should i try a bottle of fix it tranny stuff? im thinkin its time to get my 89 700-r4 remaned this one is a 85 700-r4. thanks for any help

2. COXIE

COXIE Newbie

You need a rebuild... Sorry to break it to you gut there is a drive shell that is real bad about breaking in this trans and when it breaks you will like you said have a strong forward but no reverse.

Sorry to bring the bad news:doah:

3. George_Pimpdaddy

well that sucks but i saw it coming can i drive it around the block like it is safely? thanks is forward still gonna be strong?

4. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Just looking at the 700R4 troubleshooting diagnosis section in the factory shop manual, there are a number of things that could be causing this symptom (slipping in reverse or no reverse).

5. George_Pimpdaddy

at first it made a noise me and a buddy thought it coulda been my posi but luckly not and now it just has no reverse not even slipping but has D as normal