Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no reverse with boggers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin_blazer, Feb 17, 2007.

1. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i've found that my boggers could be causing me to get stuck, they have no rearward traction. i swapped tires with a buddy, who had regular 39.5 tsl's, because he wanted to try out the boogers. and when i would lose forward momentum and would go to reverse the tsl's seemed to back me out of stuff that my boggers would usually leave me stuck in...any1 else noticed this?

i drove them on a little bit of ice we got and the tsl's handle the ice better than my boggers hands down!

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

boggers suck on anything but mud. and most directional tread works better backwards.:D

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Flip your boggers around backwards. That way, you can always back up if you get stuck going farward. It's not a new idea, people have been doing this with tractors, loaders, combines forever.

The idea is that you will be able to get back out before you are in too far and are completely stuck.

4. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

well if you had them fliped around wouldnt your foward process be limited seeing as how you would be better in revese than foward...what would be the point of having a great mud tire if you cant get everything out of it???

5. rjfguitar

Obviously, forward traction would be slightly hindered. But, thats the idea. Since reverse traction would be better you could always manage to get out. He said he was getting stuck.

I guess he could reverse the front tires only, a decent trade off.

6. twoslo4five0

i would say buy a winch insted of new tires...

7. rjfguitar

He doesn't need new tires to flip them around.

8. twoslo4five0

je was just talking like he liked the tsls better...didnt know if he was contimplating changing tires...

9. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

do as the mud bog racers do, boggers out back, cut, and grooved tsls up front...

10. blazin_blazer

fronts on backwards...hmmm....i was just making an odservation the tsl'seem to be a better tire to just play around in the mud with, boggers seem more competition oriented. to go straight thru with out backing up. next set will be tsl's i may go a head and buy a couple and run them up front(this is what interco recomended for this application, they told me to run tsl up front for the flotation where your weight is. told me the boggers would dig too hard up front) but being hard headed and thinking i had enough hp to make them climb out,,i find myself buring the nose! i have a winch up front but sometimes there isn't anything to anchor to on the other side and you have to be extracted backwards!

11. rjfguitar

Yeah, I would say that a set of big boggers are definantly aimed towards the guy that is going to hit a hole with 600HP and rip through it with mud hitting 50ft in the air.

I would try out the TSL's for the front, or even your front boggers backwards since thats a free thing. As you travel forward the rear is pushing the hardest with the weight shifted on the back from forward momentum, as the less aggressive fronts on backwards wouldn't dig so hard. Then, when you get stuck it would be opposite, weight would want to shift forward and your front axle is now the "main" drive axle.

My problem I always had with my boggers in the mud was turning. I almost went through a fence once. I never had problems with getting stuck, due to our shallower hardpan, but turning was a problem...

12. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

what size boggers you have? i have 44" boggers and only have some problems turning cause they dont have big side sipes like tsl's but you can sipe them and they will help .. only real problem i have seen is the smaller boggers have just as many lugs and they are closer together and smaller lugs .. they really need to keep the lugs big and just have some less lugs for the smaller tires

13. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

You could just not get stuck!!!!!:D........................just kid'in, I'm going the bogger rear and TSL front, been in a few rigs that did it that way and seemed to work rear good, but trying the two up front backwards seems like a pretty quick fix and as he said before .......cheap too! Just my two cents

14. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have set opposite corners back words.... on the front the drivers side is forward and the passenger tire is backwards on the rear the Drivers is backwords and the passenger is forward works well for me:D

15. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

Run your front two backwards so they dont dig and your rear forward so it digs these boggers are just like tractor tires i have a video of a monte on tractor tires and he never gets stuck, forward momentum stops the rear is like 2ft lower than the front and he puts it in reverse and the rear comes right up cus the front is diggin and then he hits it again. the monte is from www.wegotmud.com and my dad runs his boggers like this when we go play at bloomsdale at neagers and he seems to back out anywhere and i pull in the same hole with my hawgs which i run the front two backwards also and i cant back out haha those boggers are just awesome and mine are 3 inches taller:confused: haha you will go more places if you run em like this than with the tsls imo

16. 85mudbogger

if you mud race then some classes dont allow the tsl front and bogger back they must be the same tire all around but i havent seen a rule sayin they cant be backwards but it sounds like you just like to play just tryin to help:D

17. blazin_blazer

i have found a bettersolution...i swap two 0f my bogger with my buddy for 2 of his tsl's, they are both 39.5'' and then we both can run a booger on the rear and tsl's up front

18. 85mudbogger

well that was easy makin us type all this and think hard and you knew the answer all along [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. blazin_blazer

actually the idea came too me while reading your responces...so thanks

20. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like our GMotM nominee? :D
    [​IMG]