Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

no sound but stereo works

Discussion in 'Audio' started by balzackks84, Sep 21, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

this is annoying the hell out of me. when i first got the blazer the stereo worked fine. the only problem was that if you hit the wires just right the speakers would cut out. well one day im cruisin down the road and they cut out without hitting a bump or anything. well about 3 days later they started working again. then cut out for good. its now been about two weaks and everything ive tried hasn't worked to fix it. any idea as to what it could be? it still plays cds and stuff. just no sound.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is could be the internal amp in the headunit is toast, or bad wiring. I would pull the headunit and use a single speaker to test each speaker leed. If it works that way, I find it easier to run new speaker wires then try to figure out the old ones, lot less of a headake !!!!!!!!

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

More then likely one or more of the speakers has started to go bad and the voicecoil resistance is dropping low enough to shut down the amp or permeneantly damage the internal amp. Try disconnecting one speaker at a time and see if it comes back on each time you disconnect one. If it does reconnect till it turns off and that is your bad speaker or bad speakers. You can also check each speaker with a volt meter as long as it has a resistance setting. If you need info on that shoot me an email.

4. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

the same thing happened to me, almost exactly, i fried the the speaker output ports or something, and Z3PR's method would work very well, but my deck was still under warranty so i jus shipped it off...