Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

No Spark !!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Aug 3, 2003.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

****UPDATED**** No Spark !!!

Hi All,

I’m having a no run problem with my 1990 Chevy Blazer, 350 automatic w/ throttle body injection. The truck started up for about three seconds and when I put it into drive it died. I checked all of the fuses and they all appear to be ok, there is no code stored in the ECM.

I disconnected the fuel line from the throttle body and turned the key on and guess what, We have a strong stream of fuel so that would eliminate the fuel pump.

After doing some more trouble shooting I determined that I'm not getting a spark so I guess it's the ignition. I.ve heared that the ignition modules are cheap and fail alot on the Blazer is this true ? How do I test the module.

Thanks

Dan...

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: Fuel delivery problem

just because you had fuel at that moment doesnt mean you do now...id try bleeding it out a couple incase it ingested some air into the lines...will it start if you pour fuel down the TB??

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Replace the fuel filter, pull the injectors and check the filters on the injectors...and check Fuel pressure!!!Just because you have fuel volume doesn't mean you have enough fuel pressure.Make sure the ECM's signal is reaching the injectors...Maybe try another FP relay...

4. JP's K5

JP's K5 Registered Member

I know it may sound stupid but did you check the fuses. I had the same problem with a simple cure!

5. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

************REPAIRED********************

It turned out that the ignition Mod was bad. $ 29.00 later and the truck is running better than ever.

Thanks to all those who helped.

Dan..

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I've got the same problem with an '83 Century I'm tinkering with. Maybe I'll give that a try! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Some quick notes... code 42 is usually triggered with a bad ign. module. Also, AutoZone will test your module for free! ;-)

-Dan